with Chef Jyoti Friedland
Recipe from The Talleygram, May 16,
Jyoti's Tasty Tip:
Do you know that we were featured in the Food Section of Charlotte
Observer because of our kale? Itís a little trivia that Iím excited to
mention. And also, we can run out of any food in our hot bar except for
the kale. If we do, itís chaos. We donít like to hear Ēwhereís the
kaleĒ a hundred times from our kale fanatics. It is a nightmare!
Remember, it's all about the taste!
Click image to enlarge
Makes 4 servings
2 tablespoons organic olive oil
2 bunches organic kale, torn into pieces and stems removed
Ĺ cup filtered water
2 teaspoons organic toasted sesame oil
2 teaspoons Bragg Liquid Aminos, to taste
toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a big soup pot or skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add
kale and stir quickly for few seconds, and then add water.
- Cover; let it steam, 2 minutes. Check by stirring kale
- Add sesame oil and Braggs. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Stir in sesame seeds before serving.
- You donít want to fight with your kale while you are eating
it. Please remove the stem.
- If the oil is not enough, instead of adding more oil, just
add a little water so as not to burn the kale.
- For more kick, add a pinch of chili flakes or you can buy
sesame oil with added chili.
Talley's recipe by Chef Jyoti Friedland
Copyright © 2007 Jyoti Friedland